ALFA-A BALANCER has been formulated for horses and ponies in work or those with increased nutritional requirements, to be fed alongside any of the Alfa-A range of Fibre Feeds.
The aim of this diet is to utilise the energy and quality protein that the Alfa-A range of Fibre Feeds provide with the Alfa-A Balancer supplying essential nutrients to balance the ration as well as ingredients designed to promote health and condition.
If you have fed either of our Balancers before you will notice that we have changed the format to a 4mm pellet. Product specification remains exactly the same, however you will now receive 15kg rather than 10kg.
- Molasses free – ideal for horses and ponies that require a low sugar diet
- Alfalfa – for highly bio-avilable vitamins and minerals that are easy for a horse or pony to absorb
- Linseed – high in omega 3 essential fatty acids for exceptional coat shine and condition
- Herbs – rosemary and thyme are added for palatability and as a source of antioxidants
- Glucosamine – to counteract everyday wear and tear to joints
- Prebiotics – to help keep the gut healthy
- B vitamins including biotin – needed for efficient energy metabolism and hoof condition
- Chelated minerals – trace minerals such as copper are vulnerable to interactions with other minerals in the gut. Chelating them protects them so that the horse can absorb them more efficiently.
How to use Alfa-A Balancer
Step 1: Pick the feed from the Alfa-A range that suits your horse or pony
Step 2: Add Alfa-A Balancer
100grams per 100kgs bodyweight. One standard coffee mug holds approx. 200g and a pint glass approx. 400g.
|Horse or Pony||Size Guide (hh)||Approx Bodyweight (kgs)||Amount of Balancer Required (grams/day)|
|Small Pony (eg: Welsh Pony, Exmoor)||9–12.2||200||200|
|Medium Pony (eg: Exmoor, New Forest)||12.2–13.2||300||300|
|Large Pony (eg: Connemara, Welsh D)||13.2–14.2||400||400|
|Small Horse (eg: Arab, small TB)||14.2–15.2||450||450|
|Medium Horse (eg: TB, ID cross)||15.2–16.2||550||550|
|Large Horse (eg: Warmblood)||over 16.2||650||650|
|Typical analysis (%) ‘as fed’|
Ingredients: Alfalfa, oatfeed, linseed, vitamins & minerals, wheat, rosemary & thyme, glucosamine, B vitamins, FOS prebiotics