HI-FI BALANCER is formulated for horses and ponies in light work to be fed alongside any of the Hi-Fi range of Fibre Feeds.
It is low in energy, sugar and starch compared to traditional mixes and cubes and so is ideal for good doers and individuals that require a low sugar and starch diet. If you are feeding less than the recommend amount of a mix or cube you won’t be supplying the required level of nutrients your horse or pony needs. Hi-Fi Balancer contains concentrated levels of vitamins and minerals so that it can be fed in smaller quantities but still provide a balanced diet.
If you have fed either of our Balancers before you will notice that we have changed the format to a 4mm pellet. Product specification remains exactly the same, however you will now receive 15kg rather than 10kg.
- Molasses free – ideal for horses and ponies that require a low sugar diet
- Alfalfa – for highly bioavilable vitamins and minerals that are easy for a horse or pony to absorb
- Linseed – high in omega 3 essential fatty acids for exceptional coat shine
- Herbs – rosemary and thyme are added for palatability and as a source of antioxidants
- Chelated minerals – trace minerals such as copper are vulnerable to interactions with other minerals in the gut. Chelating them protects them so that the horse can absorb them more efficiently
How to use Hi-Fi Balancer
Step 1: Pick the feed from the Hi-Fi range that suits your horse or pony
Step 2: Add Hi-Fi Balancer
100grams per 100kgs bodyweight. One standard coffee mug holds approx. 200g and a pint glass approx. 400g.
|Horse or Pony||Size Guide (hh)||Approx Bodyweight (kgs)||Amount of Balancer Required (grams/day)|
|Small Pony (eg: Welsh Pony, Exmoor)||9–12.2||200||200|
|Medium Pony (eg: Exmoor, New Forest)||12.2–13.2||300||300|
|Large Pony (eg: Connemara, Welsh D)||13.2–14.2||400||400|
|Small Horse (eg: Arab, small TB)||14.2–15.2||450||450|
|Medium Horse (eg: TB, ID cross)||15.2–16.2||550||550|
|Large Horse (eg: Warmblood)||over 16.2||650||650|
|Typical analysis (%) ‘as fed’|
Ingredients: Alfalfa, oatfeed, linseed, vitamins & minerals, wheat, rosemary & thyme