Hi-Fi Good Do-er
HI-FI GOOD DO-ER is a high-fibre maintenance feed for leisure horses and ponies with added vitamins and minerals.
- Hi-Fi Good Do-er is a blend of alfalfa and quality soft straw, lightly coated with molasses and spearmint oil
- Hi-Fi Good Do-er is an easy to feed, high-fibre feed containing nutrients that those on restricted grass and forage intake might be missing out on
- Ideal for overweight horses and ponies or those that maintain their weight easily
- Includes natural spearmint oil to tempt fussy eaters
- Hi-Fi Good Do-er can be used as a total or partial hay replacer - simply replace the weight of hay with the same weight of Hi-Fi Good Do-er or feed ad-lib
How To Get The Most Out Of Feeding With Dengie Hi-Fi Good Do-er
Hi-Fi Good Do-er can be fed on its own as the bucket feed for horses and ponies undertaking a weight loss programme or to replace part of the hay ration. If using as a hay replacer, Hi-Fi Good Do-er can be fed in large tub trugs or similar.
|Horse or Pony||Size Guide (hh)||Approx Weight (kg)||Resting or light Work (kg/day)|
|Bucket feed (kg/day)||Partial hay replacement (kg/day)||Replace bucket feed & hay / grazing (kg/day)|
|Small Pony (eg: Shetland, Welsh A)||9–12.2||200||0.5–1.0||up to 1.5||up to 3|
|Medium Pony (eg: Exmoor, New Forest)||12.2–13.2||300||0.5–1.5||up to 2.5||up to 4.5|
|Large Pony (eg: Connemara, Welsh D)||13.2–14.2||400||1.0 – 2.0||up to 3||up to 6|
|Small Horse (eg: Arab, small TB)||14.2–15.2||450||1.0–2.0||up to 3||up to 6|
|Medium Horse (eg: TB, ID cross)||15.2–16.2||550||1.5–2.5||up to 4||up to 8|
|Large Horse (eg: Warmblood)||over 16.2||650||1.5–2.5||up to 4.5||up to 10|
One large Stubbs scoop = 300g
How Hard Are You Working Your Horse?
The amount and kind of work your horse or pony is doing is an important factor when calculating the quantity and type of feed to give.
|Convalescence/Resting||Horses on box rest, or turned away.|
|Light work||Maximum of 1 hour per day hacking, mostly at walk with some trotting and cantering, or 30 minutes of schooling, mostly at the trot with some canter.|
|Medium work||Schooling, dressage, show-jumping, novice or intermediate 1 day eventing or hunting 1 day per week.|
|Hard Work||Advanced one day events. 3 day events, hunting 2 days per week, polo and all forms of racing.|
|Typical analysis (%) ‘as fed’|
|Copper, as copper sulphate||10mg/kg|
|Selenium, as sodium selenite||0.2mg/kg|
|Vitamin E, as alpha tocopherol*||81 IU/kg|
Ingredients: Cereal straw, alfalfa, molasses, mould inhibitor, spearmint oil, lysine, zinc sulphate, magnesium sulphate, vitamin E, copper sulphate, sodium selenite.
The visual appearance of the actual product may vary due to environmental conditions during growth and time of harvest.